As one of the biggest social networking services on the web next to the behemoth called Facebook and the former titan Myspace, Twitter is one of the hottest topics on the internet and the subject of a lot of speculation, rumor milling and predictions. Concrete and official user statistics for Twitter has been hard to come by and media houses, reporters and internet professionals have always had to estimate and play the guessing came on just how successful and impacting Twitter was.
This guessing Game ended yesterday at the official Twitter developer conference, Twitter shared some revealing stats about its site, users, and growth that had previously been kept under wraps. Statistics below:
- Twitter now has 105,779,710 registered users.
- New users are signing up at the rate of 300,000 per day.
- 180 million unique visitors come to the site every month.
- 75% of Twitter traffic comes from outside Twitter.com (i.e. via third party applications.)
- Twitter gets a total of 3 billion requests a day via its API.
- Twitter users are, in total, tweeting an average of 55 million tweets a day.
- Twitter’s search engine receives around 600 million search queries per day.
- Of Twitter’s active users, 37 percent use their phone to tweet.
- Over half of all tweets (60 percent) come from third party applications.
- Twitter itself has grown: in the past year alone, it has grown from 25 to 175 employees.
Twitter is a real-time information network powered by people all around the world that lets you share and discover what’s happening now.
Stats Via – Huffington Post
Like the post above? Check out these related posts:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Barbados to host CaribNOG 13 - March 22, 2017
- WhatsApp adds Snapchat-like feature: WhatsApp Status - February 22, 2017
- Pokémon GO expanding to include 80 New Gen 2 critters - February 15, 2017