The series that popularized the open world action-adventure genre of video games will be returning for its fifth installment later this year. Grand Theft Auto V is set in fictional Los Santos in the state of San Andreas and its surrounding areas, based on modern-day Los Angeles and Southern California. GTA V’s single-player story is told through […]
For the last few days I have been playing Dark Souls, a fantasy RPG from Japan’s From Software. I was unable to play the spiritual successor Demon Souls because I was unable to get it locally and was drowned in a pile of new games that were released around the same time in 2009. I […]
Dark Souls is an upcoming game Japan’s From Software and is published by NamcoBandai Games. The game is described as a dark fantasy RPG epic that is extremely difficult but provides a wonderful feeling of achievement for gamers who survive it’s dangerous world. Dungeons crawling with enemies, towering bosses ready to dish out the pain tied in with some […]
After good showings and the 2011 Electronic Gaming Expo, Gamescom and other gaming related events 38 Studios has recently revealed the launch dates for their epic action adventure RPG Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. The Game will launch for the PC, PS3 and Xnox 360 on February 7th 2012 in North America and February 10th in Europe The minds of New York […]
Resident Evil is a very successful survival horror video game that was originally released in 1996 by Capcom and was a critical success spawning various sequels on various platforms as well as expanding into movies, comics, action figures and more. Resident Evil” Operation Racoon City is an upcoming game in the series that promises a […]
Formerly known as “Project Natal”, Kinect is an expansion to the Xbox 360 video game console that adds a controller free gaming and entertainment. Based around a webcam-style add-on peripheral for the Xbox 360 console, it enables users to control and interact with the Xbox 360 without the need to touch a game controller through a natural user interface using gestures, spoken commands, or presented objects and images.
The Kinect sensor is a horizontal bar connected to a small base with a motorized pivot, and is designed to be positioned lengthwise below the video display. The device features an “RGB camera, depth sensor and multi-array microphone running proprietary software”, which provides full-body 3D motion capture, facial recognition, and voice recognition capabilities. The price point for the device is $150. Read more about Xbox 360 Kinect released today …
The impressive Project Natal was revealed last year by Microsoft at the 2009 Electric Entertainment Expo. This year at E3 2010 the official name, branding and price was revealed for the first time. Kinect as it will be known is a bar that plugs into an Xbox 360 and sits atop your TV, just like the Wii’s sensor bar, and allows the player or players to interact with games using movement and speech. The price point for he device is $150.
Kinectimals, Joyride, Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures and Dance Central are some of the games announced so far for Kinect which leans heavily to a more casual crowd but Microsoft promises that many of it’s third party arters are busy working on more hardcore titles for the system. Read more about Microsoft Expands Xbox 360 with Kinect …
Microsft has announced and revealed at their press conference at the 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo a slimmer, sleeker, quieter and shinier Xbox 360 design. Boasting a long list of improvements and new features the new Xbox 360 design will be available later this week for $299. The built in Wifi and 250gb harddrive are easily the most important addition as in todays wireless world it was rather clucky to still be using a ethernet cord or pay $100 more for an external antenna.
New Xbox 360 Feature List
- Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive: The internal 250GB hard drive allows you to save your games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos, and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
- Built in Wi-Fi: The new Xbox 360 is the only console with 802.11n Wi-Fi built in for a faster and easier connection to Xbox LIVE. Download or stream HD movies, TV episodes, and games from Xbox LIVE Marketplace in 1080p and 5.1 surround sound from anywhere in the house. Compatible with b/g/n networks.
- Project Natal ready: Coming this holiday, Project Natal will make YOU the controller. With a dedicated, specialized port, the Xbox 360 250GB is built to connect seamlessly with the Project Natal sensor— and have you up off the couch and into the world of Project Natal in no time.
- Xbox 360 Wireless Controller: This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of 30 hours on two AA batteries.
- Xbox 360 Headset: Strategize or trade taunts while playing games, and chat with your friends on Xbox LIVE.
- Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable: Maximize your Xbox 360 picture quality on standard-definition televisions using this S-Video connection for a noticeable image improvement over traditional composite connecters.
- Xbox LIVE: Xbox LIVE brings a whole world of entertainment possibility right to your Xbox 360. Play with friends online, and watch streaming movies and TV from Zune and Netflix, all in crystal-clear HD. You’ll find loads of your favorite music from Last.fm and the ability to connect with friends on Facebook and Twitter right on the best screen in the house. Read more about Xbox 360 gets Slimmer and Shinier …