A new Twitter design is coming; if fact it has already arrived for a select few celebrity tweeters like Michelle Obama, Floyd Mayweather and the lovely Kerry Washington. The early verdict seems to be that the new design is just a ripoff of Facebook’s design but those with a keen eye will see how much of an improvement the updates will be for Twitter users.
Twitter’s growth has stagnated in recent months but it still remains very relevant and useful. The new design comprises of a new wide background photo with profile picture at the top but that’s where the Facebook similarities end. New information for profiles include a “date joined” section listing the month and year the user joined Twitter. However the big three updates for the new Twitter are
- Best Tweets: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find.
- Pinned Tweet: Pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page, so it’s easy for your followers to see what you’re all about.
- Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
It will be interesting to see how major brands as well as regular everyday tweeters use the new design and features of Twitter when the design is available to the masses. Twitter states that they will be rolling out the new features “in the coming weeks to everyone”.
Follow @Geezam for Tweets from a Caribbean based technology blog covering Web News, Video Games and Gadget Loving.
Read More – Twitter
Like the post above? Check out these related posts:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Barbados to host CaribNOG 13 - March 22, 2017
- WhatsApp adds Snapchat-like feature: WhatsApp Status - February 22, 2017
- Pokémon GO expanding to include 80 New Gen 2 critters - February 15, 2017