A year ago I became interested in acquiring a small, affordable HD video recorder. After some research and feedback from friends I decided to go with the Kodak Zi8. It cost less than $100 at the time I bought it and could record HD video up to 1080p and 720p video at 60 frames per second for those times when I needed to record fast moving objects.
Over the past year I have really gotten used to the Zi8 in a variety of situations from recording video while hiking the Blue Mountains to regular video recording for Youtube and most recently while traveling in Japan. The Zi8 has never failed me and although it may be a little outdated and under-powered now compared to current generation of pocket HD cams it was worth th purchase. I see myself using this cam for at least another year and I am very satisfied customer.
Kodak Zi8 Pros
- SDHC memory slot up to 32 GB
- Easily switch from Macro mode to Landscape mode
- Small, lightweight and decent build quality
- External Mic input
- Poor internal Mic
- Device gets noticeably warm with extended use
- GUI could be much better
- Limited zoom
Like the post above? Check out these related posts:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Barbados to host CaribNOG 13 - March 22, 2017
- WhatsApp adds Snapchat-like feature: WhatsApp Status - February 22, 2017
- Pokémon GO expanding to include 80 New Gen 2 critters - February 15, 2017