So a few weeks ago the iPhone 4S was unvealed to the world. Many rejoiced at the relese of a new iPhone while others cursed the heavens because they wanted an iPhone 5. The iPhone 4S when you really think about it is the same old iPhone 4 with a Software upgrade and “Siri” a personal assistant application for iOS that Apple bought a few months back and rebranded, improved and refined the natural language processor into the diva that iphone 4S owners and wanna-be owners are fawning over.
The iOS vs Android war wages on and not to be outdone by a fruit the android developers over at Dexetra went about coding a Siri-like application for Android. 8 hours later Iris was born (Siri spelt backwards) and in typical Android fashion she is a little rough around the edges at the moment but has been making steady improvement since being released in late October.
In a desperate attempt to get my geek fix for the day I downloaded Iris yesterday (which is still in alpha by the way) to see how she is progressing and recorded the video below as I asked her 10 random questions to hear her answers. I’ll allow you to be the final judge of her, but in my eyes she needs to spend a lot more time in the alpha incubator or pray a third party (Google?) fattens her up with a wad of cash while fighting off Apple’s legal ninja troupe code named “lawsuit”.
10 Questions I asked Iris in the Video above
- What is your name
- How far is the earth from the Sun
- are you Skynet?
- How man Days to Christmas
- What is the population of Jamaica
- Why did the chicken cross the road
- what are the primary colours
- How old is Queen Elizabeth the second
- Convert 6 feet to centimeters
- Do you have an iPhone
Like the post above? Check out these related posts:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Barbados to host CaribNOG 13 - March 22, 2017
- WhatsApp adds Snapchat-like feature: WhatsApp Status - February 22, 2017
- Pokémon GO expanding to include 80 New Gen 2 critters - February 15, 2017