Schneider Electric realizes that IoT (Internet of Things) is making the world smaller by allowing remote control and management of computer systems from anywhere in the world. They’ve already begun making partnership with Networking giant Cisco as noted in How Schneider Electric and Cisco partnership is a Network Infrastructure CAPP setting up the stage for an IoT in 2016 and beyond.
With IoT you can control:
- Mechanical Devices
At a recently held webinar entitled “IDC Futurescape: Latin America IT Industry 2016 Predictions – Leading Digital Transformation to Scale,” the growing trend towards IoT is slowly being revealed though various studies conducted by Industry researchers.
It’s growing especially fast in Latin American and the projections are equally impressive:
- US$7.7 billion market in 2014
- US$15.6 billion market in 2020
- 295 million IoT Devices in 2014
- 827 million IoT Devices in 2020
The market for HEMS (Home Energy Management Systems) is poised for rapid growth over the coming years. According to a report published by Technavio, “Global HEMS Market 2015-2019”:
- US$2 billion growth in the HEMS market by 2019
- 26.8% compounded annual growth rate over the period of 2014-2019
This is the reason why Schneider Electric’s is focused on developing new technologies and services that stimulate intelligence, efficiency and connectivity to improve our homes and lives.
KNX and C-Bus systems – Schneider Electric foot in the IoT pie
Schneider Electric has been participating in this revolution by empowering architects, engineers, electricians and other partners to incorporate IoT using their solutions and control systems technologies:
Their IoT solutions connect a variety of devices from various vendors, making homeowners control all aspects of their home to create perfect settings for various occasions:
- Entertainment systems
KNX and C-Bus systems also allow for the optimum management of resources remotely by:
- Making homes smarter, self-adjusting to various circumstances
- Maximize energy efficiency and usage of heating and electricity
- Reduce energy costs through monitoring and managing our homes
- Remote management via smartphones and Wearables such as smartwatches
IoT is offers an unimaginable freedom and is transforming our daily lives, giving us more leisure time, paving the way for AI to manage out homes, Almost Human Style! One can imagine reading an ebook on your tablet or chillin’ with friends and having the house adjust the shades when it gets too bright or turn on the lamps when night draws nigh.
You don’t have to get up to adjust the thermostat and the AI can control each section of the home with different environments or ambiances. Best of all, this is all being monitored and is easily adjustable with the swipe on your smartphone, Tablet or smartwatches touchscreen!
Connectivity is changing everything and its coming to other part of their business which is mainly Data Centers as evidenced from their Award winning StruxureWare DCIM in Schneider Electric’s StruxureWare is IDC Global Leader in DCIM.
It will continue to have a vital impact in our homes, increasing leisure, with human comfort adjusted to suit each individual with unprecedented efficiency. Schneider Electric understands this and will continue to play a very important role in the process, to ensure that the IoT revolutionizes our lives in a genuine way.
Like the post above? Check out these related posts:
Latest posts by Lindsworth (see all)
- FLOW WiFi tested in Barbados heralds Unlimited Wi-Fi Streaming - April 23, 2017
- KSAC to launch Paid Parking powered by Quisk and Digicel Business App - April 14, 2017
- FLOW Lyf Data Plans wins over Whatsapp, Deezer and FLOW Sports Fans - April 12, 2017