A Google branded phone has been on and off the rumor radar for many months but about 2 weeks ago it shred it’s “rumor” label and blasted into reality with the revelation that thousands of Google phones called “Nexus One” were given to Google employees for testing and that the official release of the phone was right around the corner and set for January 2010. It didn’t take long for more and more information to start leaking and soon images, videos and specs for the now highly anticipated smartphone started appearing on the internet days before it’s announcement by Google.
That official announcement has now come and the media is buzzing with news about the Android 2.1 powered Google Nexus One Smartphone which is available unlocked for $530 directly from Google or for $180 via a 2 year contract through US carrier T-Mobile.
Nexus One Specs and Information
- Designed by HTC
- 1GHz Snapdragon CPU
- Android 2.1 Operating System
- 3.7-inch 480 x 800 display
- 512MB of of RAM and ROM
- 5-megapixel camera with LED flash
- 4GB Micro SD Card (Expandable to 32 GB)
- Removable 1400 mAH battery
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- accelerometer, compass and proximity sensors
- Height: 119mm, Width: 59.8mm Depth: 11.5mm
- Weight: 130 grams with battery, 100g without battery
Some argue that the Nexus One is not “revolutionary” but I beg to differ. The success of it’s Android powered brother the Motorola Droid and with Apple selling millions of iPhones worldwide I think this can also mean good things for mobile technology. Lets just wait to see just how much success Google will reap from it’s first foray in the hardware market. The Vice President for, Product Management on Android Mario Queiroz explained that the word “nexus” means a connected series or group, so don’t be surprised if this is the first of many Android powered Google Phones to hit the market.
For more information about the Google Nexus One “Superphone” including a 3D tour, technical details and ordering visit google.com/phone.
Like the post above? Check out these related posts:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Barbados to host CaribNOG 13 - March 22, 2017
- WhatsApp adds Snapchat-like feature: WhatsApp Status - February 22, 2017
- Pokémon GO expanding to include 80 New Gen 2 critters - February 15, 2017