So much for operating two separate networks. It has been revealed that Claro’s network in Jamaica will be shut down come March 1st 2012. Meetings are already being planned with the office of Utility Regulations and the new Minister with responsibility for telecommunications Phillip Paulwell as they try to ensure that Claro’s current customers are not left in the dark and Digicel doesn’t evolve into a monopoly in the Jamaican cellular market.
Below are links to news and press releases, stay tuned to Geezam.com for more info on this developing story as it happens.
- Digicel To Shut Down Claro Jamaica – Jamaica Gleaner
- Digicel to shut down Claro network – Jamaica Observer
- Jamaica to benefit from Digicel Acquisition of Claro – Press release
Like the post above? Check out these related posts:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Barbados to host CaribNOG 13 - March 22, 2017
- WhatsApp adds Snapchat-like feature: WhatsApp Status - February 22, 2017
- Pokémon GO expanding to include 80 New Gen 2 critters - February 15, 2017