In a year filled with sea of announcements related to Android tablets the only one that floated or wasn’t torpedoed by patent lawsuits was the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer. The Transformer got it’s name from it’s ability to “transform” from a regular tablet into a netbook using a keyboard attachment. The tablet went on to sell very well and ASUS expectedly announced that there was a successor in the making. The successor would be called the Transformer Prime and would be the first quad core tablet available a it would be powered by NVidia’s Tegra 3 processor.
ASUS promised more details on November 9th 2011 as only a teaser page accompanied the announcement. As time would have it TODAY is November 9th and the internet has been a buzz with talk related to the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime, it’s design, release date, whether or not it will launch with Android 4.0 and whether or not ASUS got the price right.
The Transformer Prime will start at $499 for the 32GB model with the 64GB model costing $100 more. It will be available in December and will run Android 3.2 out of the box but is expected to get the Android 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich update by the start of the new year. The specs are impressive and a variety of ports, 1080p recording and excellent battery life the price may be just right. Below is a tech demo showing off the capabilities of the Nvidia Tegra 3.
Transformer Prime Specs
- NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor
- 10.1-inch 1280 x 800, Super IPS+ Gorilla Glass display
- 32GB or 64GB of storage
- 1GB of RAM
- 12-core GeForce® GPU
- Mini-HDMI output
- SonicMaster audio
- 1080p video recording and playback
- 1.2 megapixel front-facing camera
- 8MP f/2.4 back camera with auto-focusing and a back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- 12 hours Battery life
Like the post above? Check out these related posts:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Barbados to host CaribNOG 13 - March 22, 2017
- WhatsApp adds Snapchat-like feature: WhatsApp Status - February 22, 2017
- Pokémon GO expanding to include 80 New Gen 2 critters - February 15, 2017