The Android team today took the wraps off a brand new and much needed web-based market for android applications. Announced at a special press conference to showcase the tablet-friendly version of Android code named “Honeycomb” the Market upgrade might just have overshadowed all other announcements.
Market announcement overdue
Previously the android app store was only available on handsets (and most recently tablets) running the OS, but now all the contents of the Android market can be viewed on any computer and coupled with a slew of new features this might be the missing peice of the Android puzzle although many might argue that this is at least a year too late.
Web-based Android Market features
Some of the features of the new web-based Android Market include:
- the ability to browse and install apps directly to your android device
- the ability to share apps with your friends using popular social networking websites
- read and submit reviews for apps
- manage apps installed on your device from a web interface
- display and nickname multiple android powered devices you own and manage them independently
Google has also announced that there are many more android related announcements and demos to come at the Mobile World Congress to be held in Barcelona on February 14.
Like the post above? Check out these related posts:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Caricel – Newest Mobile Operator to enter Jamaican market “in a matter of weeks” - May 22, 2016
- Caribbean Tech Community Gathers as CaribNOG 11 kicks off in Jamaica - April 18, 2016
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Review - April 10, 2016